Monday, April 9, 2012

Thing 4 - RSS - iGoogle and Google Reader


Happy Spring Break, a perfect opportunity to catch up on -- count ‘em -- 4 things.  Let's start with Thing 4.

I’ve had an iGoogle page for several years and used this assignment to change some  of the scenic themes and add a couple of new tabs.  On the children’s literature tab,  I follow some perennially favorite blogs, e.g. Fuse 8 and Educating Alice.   I added some new ones, including the UHLS feed – so now I can quickly reserve titles that I’ve read about on the blogs.  I added a Cool Tools tab, too.  Facebook updates provided by Twenty by Jenny, Reading Rockets and the like have eliminated some of my dependence on iGoogle, but I’m still a great fan.

My home tab, as of last night, includes a link to Google Reader.  It’s only been a day and I’ve subscribed to only a few rss feeds through the Reader, but I suspect I’m going to feel overwhelmed with updates soon.  A secondary 0r college student doing a major research project would probably find this info inundation on his/her topic extremely useful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment