Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thing 6 - Workflowy and Readability

I'm a list maker and a list loser.  I have a couple of paper notebooks/journals in which I list tasks or take notes;  I'm a woeful Luddite when it comes to lists.  I like the solidity of a spiral bound notebook or a tiny memo book that I can carry in my purse.  (I still have a dumb phone so keeping a list within it isn't do-able.)  Workflowy may help me make the break to digital list keeping.  I have several work and home lists posted to it now and have shared one home list virtually  with my husband.  The Workflowy shortcut is on the taskbar of my home desktop and laptop computers.  The only drawback I foresee now is that I won't be able to use it at school because it'll be blocked by the filter.  That said, I once-upon-a-time had an iGoogle list going which I could access at school.  I didn't consult it much so the second drawback is my short attention span coupled with fickleness.  Will I forget about using Workflowy or abandon it for another productivity tool?

Readability has made online reading a breeze in the past day and a half.  I love the way it cuts the extraneous matter from the screen so that you can concentrate on the text rather than be distracted by peripheral ads and links.  This one will most likely be a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess, I've been keeping a workflowy page for ages, but hadn't looked at all the new features in detail. I use "new" loosely! :) Some of those great features came out a year ago, yikes. Now syncing my workflowy lists on every device I have!

    ReplyDelete